This article shows you how you can Disable your Facebook Timeline. Now a days Facebook Timeline is being upgraded by the Facebook onto the every Facebook user’s Account. The newest Avatar of Facebook Profile i.e. Facebook Timeline has many new features like Cover Photo and many more sharing options along with the places to check in. But most of the users are not comfortable with this upgrade and want to use the good old Facebook which is quite more user friendly.
So are you looking to disable your brand new Facebook Timeline look and revert back to the old version once again? Well then you can very well do it but it will be visible as old profile to you only and not to others. As what we are going to discuss now it is only a trick to disable Timeline which will have no effect on others to see it but you can very well view your profile in the same old version.
One thing I would like is that there is no way that you can revert back to your old profile and this disabling Timeline trick works only on your browser as I already mentioned it is nothing but a trick. So let us see this trick and detail and have some classic fun. The steps to this trick on various browsers are as follows.
Disabling Timeline in Google Chrome
- Just go to your Chrome browser shortcut.
- Right click it and select properties.
- A dialog box appears in which you can see the Target label which has the associated URL.
- Copy the following code in that URL after the chrome.exe with a space and the code is as follows
For Windows 7
–user-agent=”Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0)”
For Windows XP
–user-agent=”Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)”
Disabling Timeline in Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox Browser and go to Add-on screen.
- Look for add-on named as USER AGENT SWITCHER and if not then install this add-on from the official site.
- After you have installed the add-on just look it over the navigation bar it will be present there.
- Find the user agent switcher on the navigation bar of the browser and choose Internet explorer. Now all you have to do is just log in your Facebook account and the same old Facebook that you wished for.
Let us know how good you feel with the Timeline, Have you deactivated it? or still its in use.